Top tips to survive the heat & humidity

How to survive the heat humidity summer hot


Dubai is hot right now. And the heat is only going to get higher.

If I was back in London I would be thinking about investing in woolly tights and knee high boots this time of year. My friends FB statuses have already confirmed that winter has already hit the UK.

Anyway … back to the desert. I've been in Dubai for over a year now and I still struggle with the heat. Arriving to meetings in a sticky drippy mess is not cute – and neither is rocking up to the club with a haystack bouffant.

However, there are a few things that have helped greatly in the administration of Emma Haylan Hall's life.

Here are my top tips for dealing with the heat and humidity


Evian Mineral Water Spray

Evian Mineral Water Spray
What type of peasant would dream of anointing themselves with anything but Evian I hear you cry? My thoughts exactly. I laughed when I first saw this product but it's actually darn spritzing good. I quick spray from this aerosol rapidly cools you down – and doesn't play havoc with your make up. The pocket size makes it easy to slip into your purse or man bag and is a great item to take with you to the beach and pool.



Uber Taxi Dubai
Uber
It's not that I'm lazy and refuse to walk further than my apartment entrance but cabs are hard to flag down in the marina these days. Especially on a weekend. Can't think why #cough tram traffic #cough All it takes is 5 minutes in this heat and suddenly your well put look is just, well ...a bit sticky. Download the uber app and your location is pin pointed on a map to available drivers near by. With one click, your driver is booked. You can even see their location on your smartphone screen. Perfect. I can step from my air conditioned lobby, into a swish clean Lexus and know that the sat nav clad driver knows exactly where he is going.


Best Deodorant Mitchum Roll On
Mitchum Invisible Roll On
I haven't deviated from this brand for the last 15 years, as I've yet to find a deodorant that keeps you as dry and fresh as Mitchum does. I can't find it in Dubai so I always bulk buy when I'm away. I have friends who swear by it too. On a weekend away my roomie, busted out of the bathroom clutching my Mitcham, like it was contraband, and demanded to know where I purchased it from. If you haven't tried this brand, I would wholeheartedly recommend it.



Best Lip Product Scrub Popcorn

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub
This is one of my beauty staples and would certainly feature in my desert island package should I ever be marooned. My lips really suffer in extreme heat, becoming dry and sore really easily. To keep them soft and chap free I exfoliate every other day with this scrub then apply my lip balm. Its also all natural – so you can lick it off should you need a sugar fix too! #twobirdsonestone



Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-frizz Serum
Back in London I could easily rock the 'beachy bed head' look just by air drying my hair. Not so in this humidity - 5 minutes outside and I have an unruly mane that would rival The Lion Kings. It took me a while to find a product that worked and didn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy. This does the trick – and also smells yummy.



Iced Lemon Water Drink

Iced Lemon Water
My favourite refreshing drink is super simple. It's just water, the juice of an entire lemon and as much ice as you can cram into your glass. It's the first thing I drink in the morning as it really makes me feel hydrated after the nightly air con dries out my throat. The cold ice also works as a great wake up call – you caffeine addicts should give it a try. If I'm out for the day I will freeze a bottle of water with lemon slices in it. As it defrosts you will have your ice cold drink on the go and be able to stay hydrated whilst in the sun.

If you have any tips on how to stay cool in the heat please post them below!

No comments :

Post a Comment