REVIEW: Brunch 'NYC Style' at Tribeca

BRUNCH

noun
            a combination of breakfast and lunch usually eaten mid morning but can                           extend until 3pm.

This sentiment rings true. Unless you live in Dubai.


Brunch has an entirely different meaning here in Dubai. It is a combination of fine dining and hedonistic drinking held in one of the numerous 5* Hotels.



Myself and Miss M had decided that after a particularly stressful week we needed to kick off our weekend with some fun .. and fun in the shape of brunch.

I suggest we go to Asia Asia as after having dined there earlier this week, I was reminded how amazing their food is. I call to book a table. “I'm sorry madam, we are fully booked”

WHAT!

I was already picturing the numerous bowls of endemame I was going to consume.

I call four other places and its the same story. Even Accents, the restaurant in the newly opened Intercontinental is fully booked. I make a mental note to hire myself a Social Secretary as soon as humanly possible.

I send the damming news to Miss M. Urgh. We agree to console ourselves over lunch and cocktails by the beach in JBR.

I start to get ready … but maybe a quick look on FB before hand....

I see a post by Tribeca. They are announcing their NYC style brunch – and #drum roll# ...they still have tables available. Oh yeah! #score

Miss M is down with the last minute change of plans.

So I call ahead and book a table.

I rock up and am greeted by the staff. A devilishly handsome dude takes my CC and I am adorned with a sexy paper bracelet in return by a lovely hostess. I wonder if being a hottie is a desired skill to work here.

Tribeca, a US import is located in the Ocean View Hotel on The Walk, and is one of my favourite haunts. The industrial architecture reminds me of the meat packing district in NYC and the quirky furniture is a refreshing change to Dubai's usual swank. I have spent numerous ladies nights here, and friends who have dined here, rave about the food.

Tribeca Dubai Brunch
 I love the champagne cork chairs at the bar. Your ass be poppin' right here.

Tribeca Dubai Brunch JBR
Who doesn't love a massive face chair?

Tribeca Dubai Brunch JBR
These sofas are beyond comfy


I spot Miss M and waltz over to her. Hmmm.... Its not very busy, only about 8 people here. Oh well. We find our seat, dump our bags and head to the bar.

I order my red wine and Miss M orders a G&T.

I can spy a pasta cooking station and a salad bar with various colourful creations. Everything at this brunch is organic, and it all looks, and smells fabulous. I am looking forward to the feast.


Tribeca dubai brunch salads
I love fresh salads


Back at the table me and Miss M, are on full on catch up mode. Miss M, is also a designer and has her own line of high end shoes, Siga Shoes We are busy catching up with the latest on our respective collections (+ boy gossip)

We ate:
Gnocchi with pesto
Beetroot & Orange Salad
Beef sliders
Rotisserie chicken
Beef
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad

We drank:
Organic Merlot (moi)
Tanquray G&T (Miss M)


A perfectly cooked piece of beef and a glass of wine is my idea of heaven. I have limited expectations as brunch beef has always been cold, or over cooked. I take two slices from the carvery. I was going to forgo the chicken but a piece ends up on my plate.


Tribeca dubai brunch carvery
The carvery


The beef is perfect, and the chicken is the best I have had in Dubai. I don't know how they cooked it but it was heavenly. I end up having a second helping of the chicken alone.

The beef sliders are cooked on an outdoor BBQ which gave them an insane flavour, the buns are also dressed to order. I had mine with guacamole, sour cream and ketchup. Miss M had the same but with crispy onions. They are divine.Did I mention that all the food here is organic? No? Well it is.


Tribeca dubai jbr cheese brunch
Mouse Heaven


The food at Tribeca is faultless but what is missing from the brunch is ambiance. There were 15 people at the brunch but even in a small venue it felt empty. It's a relatively new venue so I guess it will take time to gather a following. If you are heading out with a large group of friends, this shouldn't be an issue.


Tribeca Brunch Dubai JBR
Pop Art Deco


5pm rolled around and we needed to finalise our plan of action. I was in no need to go home.

Miss H (you may remember her as my lunch date when I reviewed the Cavalli Cafe) well, she had tagged herself at The Westin treating her beloved husband to their Toy Room brunch at China Grill in celebration of his birthday. We jump in a cab and head over there to meet them for some apres brunch drinks.

Oh lord! The contrast could not have been more different. We walked into a full on swinging party. I almost wasn't prepared. Miss H and her birthday Boo raved about the food whilst they ordered us shots. (we clearly needed to catch up!) This place was crazy. Like a full on nightclub vibe but at 5:30pm. China Grill is definitely on my next brunch hit list... stay tuned...

If you would like to experience the Tribeca NYC Style brunch then the details are below.

HH
XxX

Tribeca
Ocean View Hotel
JBR
Instagram: @tribecadubai
Brunch is served 2pm-5pm
349 AED with house alcoholic beverage
199 AED with soft drinks

No comments :

Post a Comment